Sunday, August 8, 2010

week 5- Amsterdam & Bruges


Infamous Amsterdam: If every guy had a common fantasy land, that would be Amsterdam. In the morning, this city is infested with tourists, but comes nighttime the city just lights up red with guys browsing for some women and drugs. It's hard not to spot a nonsmoker, nondrinker, non substance user, non sex worker, nonANTYHING for that matter. Anyone who goes, who lives, who visits Amsterdam is a something. Every corner of this city, there is a coffee shop. And when I say coffee shop, they arent just selling your alternatives to Starbucks, they are selling Amsterdams favorite Mary Jane.

yup, and they sell these too OPENLY... This city is just too liberal about ANYTHING.
We also made it to the Heineken factory (the ORIGINAL) and got a taste of fresh, crispy, chilled beer made direct from the factory. The legal age to drink for the Dutch is 16 and its scary to think when they actually drink. So when I saw these short little 16 year old looking teens in front of me, I was so surprised. Anyways, once we did make it towards the end of the tour, it was embarrassing (and I think rude too) not to have finished my drink on the spot. but OH wells....
And of course, Amsteradm would not be complete without having to walk through the red light district. Girls were literally standing openly behind glass windows underneath red lights, tempting guys who just wants to get some. And for 50 euros for 15-20 minutes i guess they can take experience the REAL AMSTERDAM. After seeing this place, I realize how liberal the Dutch are. Every other shop sold at least some sort of sex toys, sex shows, weed chocolate, weed ANYTHING, or just simple sex. and it was real business (no shady underneath the table) it was all out in the open. I was only able to take a good picture of the area sitting next to the canal, but only be forced to leave after a man walks up to me to ask If I was Chinese and If i wanted to sleep with him? Do I look like I want to sleep with him?!?!?! Anyhow, red light district would mark my conclusion of the Amsterdam trip.

Day 2: Bruges
It was hard for me not to stop and look at every chocolate shop in Bruges. As you walk through this medieval town, you smell the aroma of the chocolate that runs through almost every alley and lane. After a funfilled day at Amsterdam, it was nice to walk through something so serene and cute like Bruges. Got to try some legit Belgium waffles and got tons of chocolate for the homies back home. It was a short stop here, but it was still good and Im happy with week 5.


*Always need to remind myself to update and jot down all the cool and fun things in these european cities. At the moment, I need up upload for paris...
-sz

No comments:

Post a Comment