Friday, July 30, 2010

Week 4-Italy



I refuse to post pictures of the Vatican not because its holly or sacred (which it is); its more about me finally seeing it in person which made me realize how pictures cannot depict the grandeur and scale of this place. So its better for me not to post them and just let others imagine/see/experience it themselves.

But what I am willing to share is that I found the most romantic place... Venice. I was only there for a day, but within that 24 hours I left my heart there. This place is just gorgeous and filled with so much culture, love, art, and friendly people.
I was able to wake up early to beat the crowds and millions of tourist to actually see and really seeee Venice for itself and its so much better than having people standing around taking pictures.. and me holding my camera, taking pictures of people taking pictures, which is the ugliest, most unartistic scene ever. And once I made pass the narrow alleys, pass the gorgeous canal I made it to Saint Marks Square. Soooo taken back by its beauty (but not the ugly construction that was going on).

My Venice would not be complete without some yummy gelato. Gelato is THE Italian fast food. I probably had gelato from morning to evening after every meal i had, and it was so worth it. Honestly, would not mind having low fat italian ice cream as fast food; its much more healthier and tastier than MickyDs.

Venice is totally worth the 2nd trip, breakup trip, honeymoon, etc. Totally sad that I am only recalling memories of my trip and writing this entry. So I rewatched Casanova to reminice about it and heath Ledger. Venice, I will be back... sz

No comments:

Post a Comment